Our Annual Gala
January 23, 2013
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Add to Calendar
San Jose Tech Museum
201 South Market Street
San Jose, CA 95113
The gorgeous San Jose Tech Museum welcomes us to a wonderful celebration. The evening's
theme is "Moving Forward". First, it's our annual Gala — our opportunity to show how special
event professionals throw a fantastic party! And second, we'll be awarding this year's coveted
"Best of the Industry" awards.
VOTE for the "Best of the Industry", if you attended ANY of our meetings in 2012.
PLEASE CLICK HERE to vote for the BEST among all our meetings' sponsors!
THIS MEETING'S SPONSORS include
- Miranda Meisenbach, PWC, Divine Affairs Events Design,
- Maureen Langan, The Tech Museum,
- Norman Anub, American Disc Jockey Association,
- Chyna Darner, Chyna Darner Photography,
- Robin Bosma, Bijoux Balloons,
- Robbie Schlosser, Magnolia Jazz Band,
- Jen Kwapinski, Jen's Cakes,
- Susan Kelley, Three Sisters Flowers and Events,
- Jill Ballinger, Bartenders Unlimited,
- Laura Sheedy, Classic Party Rentals,
- Rosemary Scolari, Cafe Primavera,
Kevin Dennis, Fantasy Sound,
Join your best colleagues in Silicon Valley's hospitality industry. Each meeting is an opportunity
for sharing ideas and advice about catering and managing special events. Bring spouses, friends,
and colleagues. You'll enjoy
- great networking,
- a sensational dinner,
- a valuable educational program,
- exciting auction & raffle prizes.
- Please RSVP by Friday, January 11, for your $5 Early Bird Discount.
- ALL "Early Birds" will save $5 and will receive one free raffle ticket.
- $50 for Silicon Valley NACE Member, Co-worker, or Spouse.
$70 for Guest & walk-up (space permitting).
- $50 for any member of another NACE chapter. (When you register,
please select the Guest ticket, use the "ANY-NACE" Coupon Code
for your $20 discount, and write your NACE ID# for verification)
- Raffle tickets: one for $5 and five for $20.
- Please RSVP by Friday, January 18, to avoid the $10 late fee.
- If you encounter any problem, please call Monina Wright at 408/489-7909.
The Registration "fine print":
- Only Silicon Valley chapter Members can bring a check and pay at the door.
- SV Members may, but all others must, pre-pay with a credit card through the website.
- About cancellations: There are no cash refunds. Only Members will receive a voucher
to attend a future meeting, good for 60 days. Guests do not receive any refund or voucher.
- The chef needs an accurate count, so unless you cancel by the January 18 deadline,
your registration fee is due, even if you don't attend.
- "Walk-ins" are always welcome; however, our special dinner may not be available beyond
the number of RSVPs, so walk-ins may receive an alternate entree.
Cocktails & Passed Appetizers
- Artichoke & Goat Cheese Beignets
- Chipotle Chicken & Pepper Jack “Nachoette” with Avocado Crème
- Organic Baby Lettuces & Baby Romaine, Shaved Honey Crisp Apples, Pomegranate Seed, Pt Reyes Blue Cheese, Candied Walnuts, Dried Cranberries, Red Wine Blush on the tables for the guests to add to their salads
- Served with Baskets of warm La Brea rolls & butter balls
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs of Beef with Porcini Mushrooms and Thyme Sauce
- Triple Cream Smashed Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Roasted Melange of Winter Vegetables
- Vegetarian option
Dessert — provided by Jen’s Cake
RAFFLE PRIZES will include:
- 1 free registration to a future NACE meeting
an overnight stay with breakfast for two at
the Hilton San Jose valued at $199.
Did you attend our November meeting? See 47 wonderful photos by David Ethridge.
We support a different community non-profit each year. In 2013, we have selected the
Ecumenical Hunger Program. For this meeting, please bring a gift for an underpriviledged
teen-ager. For example, bring a suitable $10 gift card. Please bring cash or your check book
to support this very worthy cause!
Webinar: Get Known Everywhere with Jill Lublin
Your Own Home!
We hope you'll join us!