Annual Awards Gala
January 17, 2012
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Add to Calendar
Silicon Valley Capital Club
50 W San Fernando
San Jose, CA 95113
Last year's Annual Gala ("Endless Aurora Nights"). Photo by Claudia Akers.
Celebrate at our 2012 Awards Gala!
Enjoy our "PanAm Air" theme party,
recalling the Glamorous "Jet Set" Era.
Join your Colleagues for a Fabulous Evening
of Awards and an Amazing Gourmet Dinner.
See 76 wonderful photos by Teresa Halton
Annual Awards include
- "Best of the Industry"
- "The New Face Of NACE"
- "The Synergy Award"
- "The 2010 Spirit Of NACE Award"
- "Member Of The Year"
- "Silicon Valley Board Officer Service Awards"
Passed Hors d’oeuvers
Risotto Croquettes w/ Romano
“Full Circle Farm” Mixed Greens
Sweet tomatoes/Shaved aged gouda/Marjoram mustard vinaigrette
Sausage stuffed pork loin/Locally milled grits/Cherry Chutney
Vegetarian Option (Please indicate if you want this option on your RSVP otherwise you will be served the pork loin)
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Steak
Soft polenta/seasonal sautéed vegetables/truffled mushroom cream
Dessert by Sweet Tooth Confections and Pinkberry
MEETING SPONSORS include
- Jenna Torres, Silicon Valley Capital Club,
- Miranda Meisenbach, Divine Affairs Event Design
- Chris Citti, Citti's Florist,
- Robert Kusters, ADJA (American Disc Jockey Ass'n),
- Robbie Schlosser, Magnolia Jazz Band,
- Natti Pierce-Thomson, North America Theatre Technology Inc,
- Dawn Gilbert, GBS Linens,
- Erica Lucca, Williams Party Rentals,
- David Ethridge, AVR Films,
- Teresa Halton, Teresa Halton Photography,
- Cara Lane, Sleepy Hedgehog Press,
- Rachel Myers, Sweet Tooth Confections,
- Esther Chen, Pinkberry,
- Wolfgang Niesielski, Caricatures by Wolfgang,
- Dana Lewis, Zainido Decor,
SILENT AUCTION PRIZES: include
- 2 night midweek stay at PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn (Value $193 to $238)
- Donated by San Jose Sharks: two lower bowl NON-playoff tickets.
- Golf Package from Palo Alto Hills Golf & Country Club (Value $400)
- Overnight executive suite stay at the Hilton San Jose (includes evening appetizers and deserts and breakfast for 2 in our 18th floor executive lounge (valued at $500)
- 3 Day & 2 Night Accommodations from Vacation of a Lifetime (Value $1,550)
- 2 Tickets for San Francisco MAGIC ON THE BAY for a Saturday 2PM Show, in the Bay Theater, The Embarcadero & Beach Street, Pier 39, San Francisco. Compliments of Peter Morrison, Magician
- The Comcast Sports bag (contains T shirts from all the Bay Area teams, bobble head dolls, Willie Mays statue, and more... $400 value)
RAFFLE PRIZES: include
HOW TO DRESS? We'll be wearing 1960’s cocktail attire.
VALIDATED PARKING starting at 5:30 pm at the Fairmont Plaza Parking Garage located on San Fernando Street just before the Knight Ridder Building. Take the elevator to the lobby level and transfer to elevators and take to the 17th floor. Please bring your parking ticket for validation.
COMMUNITY SERVICE: We support a different community non-profit at each meeting. For this meeting, please bring cans of food, and bags of backyard produce, for the Second Harvest Food Bank.
Every month you can join us for another dynamic evening with your best colleagues in Silicon Valley's hospitality industry. Each meeting is an opportunity for sharing ideas and advice about catering and managing special events. You'll enjoy three hours of great networking, a sensational dinner, a valuable educational program, sponsor presentations, member testimonials, and exciting auction & raffle prizes. Bring your spouses, friends, and colleagues.
Please click "REGISTER NOW"
- $50 for Silicon Valley NACE Member, Colleague, or Spouse. $70 for Guest & walk-up (space permitting).
- $50 for any member of another NACE chapter. (When you register, please select the Guest ticket, use the "ANY-NACE" Coupon Code for your $20 discount, and write your NACE ID# for verification)
- Raffle tickets: one for $5 and five for $20.
- ALL "Early Birds" will save $5 and the first 25 will receive one free raffle ticket.
- Please RSVP by Noon on Tuesday, January 3, for your $5 Early Bird Discount.
- Please RSVP by Noon on Friday, January 13, to avoid the $10 late fee.
- If you encounter any problem, please call Natti at 408-799-4347.
The Registration "fine print":
- Only Silicon Valley chapter Members can bring a check and pay at the door.
- SV Members may, but all others must, pre-pay with a credit card through the website.
- About cancellations: There are no cash refunds. Only Members will receive a voucher to attend a future meeting, good for 60 days. Guests do not receive any refund or voucher.
- The chef needs an accurate count, so unless you cancel by the noon, January 13 deadline, your registration fee is due, even if you don't attend.
- "Walk-ins" are always welcome; however, our special dinner may not be available beyond the number of RSVPs, so walk-ins may receive an alternate entree.
Webinar: Get Known Everywhere with Jill Lublin
Your Own Home!
We hope you'll join us!