Learn how to use student interns in your business so it's a win-win. For example,
- How to interview an intern.
- How to sponsor a student for student membership to NACE.
- How to prepare a detailed job description for your intern.
Our program is an Internship Panel Discussion, with Student Chapter Members from SJSU.
Alice Southwell, Mentor. SJSU Hospitality Classes: Monday & Wednesday, noon–1:15pm
MEETING SPONSORS include
Dina Ardizzone, Il Fornaio
Miranda Meisenbach, Design Affairs Event Design
Rita Daniels, Special Occasions Specialists
Debbie Kaufman, Debbie's Rugalach
Frosty Gross, Papar Pizzazz
Leonard Ybarra, Bay Area ADJA
David Ethridge, AVR Films
Emory Fuqua, Williams Party Rentals
Shane Cammell, guitarist
Brian MacStay, Brian MacStay Photography
Terry Dudley, Fine Linen Creations
AUCTION & RAFFLE PRIZES will be announced
Did you attend this meeting? See 97 wonderful photos by Brian MacStay.
Did you attend our March meeting? See 116 wonderful photos by Vijay Rakhra.
APRIL MENU: "Italian Villa"
Networking Reception ~Passed Hors d' Oeuvres on Silver Platters:
Crostini Assorted — Seeded baguette toasted with extra virgin olive oil, served with the assorted toppings:
brie and roasted garlic clove,
Fresh tomato basil and garlic,
black olive tapenade,
roasted Red bell peppers
Fungi con Mortadella — Baked mushroom caps stuffed with mortadella, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic and chopped parsley
Il Fornaio's fresh baked breads and olive oil
Insalata Mista — Mixed greens, pear tomatoes, celery, carrots, fennel, house dressing
Pollo Valdostana — De-boned chicken breast, rolled with thinly sliced ham and fontina cheeses; dipped in breadcrumbs, cooked and finished with chicken demiglace, trebbiano wine, fried sage leaves and Dijon, served with seasonal vegetables and roasted potatoes
Crespelle (VEGETARIAN) — Stuffed crepes with spinach, mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, ricotta cheese, béchamel sauce, garlic and basil
Il Fornaio Coffee and Tea Service
Chardonnay and Chianti Classic
Every month you can join us for another dynamic evening with your best colleagues in Silicon Valley's hospitality industry. Each meeting is an opportunity for sharing ideas and advice about catering and managing special events. You'll enjoy three hours of great networking, a sensational dinner, a valuable educational program, sponsor presentations, member testimonials, and exciting auction & raffle prizes. Bring your spouses, friends, and colleagues.
COMMUNITY SERVICE: In the spirit of education and supporting our student membership we will be collecting donations to support the NACE Foundation Scholarship and possibly start our own scholarship. Please remember to bring cash or your check book to support this very worthy cause!
Please click "REGISTER NOW"
- Please RSVP by Noon on Wednesday, April 4, for your $5 Early Bird Discount.
- ALL "Early Birds" will save $5 and will receive one free raffle ticket.
- $45 for Silicon Valley NACE Member, Colleague, or Spouse. $65 for Guest & walk-up (space permitting).
- $45 for any member of another NACE chapter. (When you register, please select the Guest ticket, use the "ANY-NACE" Coupon Code for your $20 discount, and write your NACE ID# for verification)
- Raffle tickets: one for $5 and five for $20.
- Please RSVP by Noon on Friday, April 13, to avoid the $10 late fee.
- If you encounter any problem, please call Natti Pierce-Thomson at 408/799-4347.
The Registration "fine print":
- Only Silicon Valley chapter Members can bring a check and pay at the door.
- SV Members may, but all others must, pre-pay with a credit card through the website.
- About cancellations: There are no cash refunds. Only Members will receive a voucher to attend a future meeting, good for 60 days. Guests do not receive any refund or voucher.
- The chef needs an accurate count, so unless you cancel by the noon, February 13 deadline, your registration fee is due, even if you don't attend.
- "Walk-ins" are always welcome; however, our special dinner may not be available beyond the number of RSVPs, so walk-ins may receive an alternate entree.
$5.00 1 raffle ticket$20.00 5 raffle tickets
$45.00 Member Spouse or Co-workers
$55.00 after 05:00 pm April 13
$40.00 Earlybird rate before April 4